January 6, 2013

So much to read, so little time...

I really enjoy reading but it often seems as if there's never enough time or warm bath water to get through all the books I'd like too. I'm a sucker for some lovey dovey fiction and your classic teenage dystopia but who isn't? Hah! Riiiiiight.

Anyways, right now I'm interested in some non-fiction. I have 3 books I WILL FINISH in a timely manner. Mainly because I'm crazy interested in them but also because 2 are library books. Let me express my love for local libraries real quick... what a great way to be wise with money, use available resources and support the community. There's been a few instances when I'm minutes away from spending $15+ buying from Amazon when I decide to check the library database and BAM money saved, book on it's way! I'm especially glad when I'm not very into the book - what a bummer it would of been if I had bought it. All that to say, go to the library, rent books on your Kindle, rent movies there, take your kiddos there. Use the library!

Here's what I'll be reading, in this order too if you were wondering.


I'm a few chapters in on this book and let me tell you - it's a gem! I oddly love the text book style of it and have already learned quite a bit. I'm a fan of cited resources and thus far there has been plenty of that. I'll read a fact or results from a study and in astonishment flip to the back to make sure the source is legitimate. It's funny that before bed Ian anticipates me gasping or say "guess what?!" He doesn't mind learning with me and actually wanted to watch the infamous "The Business of Being Born" documentary with me the other night. He said we needed a reminder because we haven't watched it since being pregnant with Aubi :) He's so cool. Next is, 


While I do love me some Ina May, I will read this with my guard up. I'm all for The Farm and her CPM practice but do not associate birth and the beautiful miracle it is with any new-age spirituality and being one with a higher power or ideas such as those. My convictions are to The Holy Bible, and I believe that through the promises of God women are able to bring life into the world. Ian tells me to be careful not to idolize Ina May, he knows my sinful tendencies and that I think she's the coolest women ever. I'll let you know how the read goes. And lastly....


So, we don't have cable but I've heard this book is now a TV series and that excites me! Maybe It'll be online and I'll be able to follow it?! Anyways a friend of mine got the book for Christmas and highly recommended it to me - she's already finished and let me borrow it tonight. I truly adore learning about  how cultures change through the decades. I find fascinating the way everyday life carried on without things we are so accustomed to. That's a lengthy way of saying, I like history. I also like Midwifery so this book should be just perfect for me! Ahh I'm geeked to get to it, I'll let you know how it is :) 

What are you reading???

1 comment:

  1. http://www.free-tv-video-online.me
    call the midwife shows up under the search. Hope it works for you :)

    ReplyDelete