May 24, 2013

Bacon Bit #2 - 28 weeks!


How far along: 28 weeks

This week, baby is the size of an: An eggplant 

Gender: Boy boy boy!

Due date: August 20th

Quality of sleep:  It's getting more uncomfortable. Ian and I have been going to bed too late lately so I'm not getting as much sleep as I'd like, but taking naps here and there helps. 

Best moment this week: A few early mornings this week I couldn't fall back asleep because he was moving so much... so I stayed awake day-dreaming about him, praying for him and enjoying him tumbling around. For the first time since 12/12/12 (finding out we were expecting) it started to feel real. 

Food cravings/aversions: My favorite lately are PB & J's. That was lunch yesterday and breakfast this morning. I'm also loving honey dew melon and I want asparagus something fierce! Dinner tonight, steaks on the grill, asparagus and some pasta. YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM. Is it 6 yet!?

Movement: Yes! Due to my placenta being right in front this time it took longer for me to feel movements, let alone strong movements. Within the past 2 weeks or ago they've definitely picked up and I love it.  

How's Mama: I'm trying to think of another word to describe myself right now other then tired :) my mind want's to do so many things but my body is like "eh? nah!" I've been asking the Lord for more energy and keeping committed to my prenatal's, probiotics and magnesium has helped. I've been feeling willing to use up all my energy hanging with Aubi and taking her places. In the past month or two we've been to the zoo a few times, got her a sandbox this she likes to stick her toes in. We've gone on lots of "bike rides" which is really me pushing her on her bike, the library, parks and grandparent visits. I like to keep us outside, and as busy as we can handle while Ian's at work. 

What I'm looking forward to: Sooooo looking forward to the next few weeks of Ian being on a break from school. We plan to make progress on the landscaping and HOPEFULLY get a new kitchen floor :) Next week I have another ultrasound to check a concern my midwife has, nothing serious, I'm not worried but it's an awesome excuse to see baby again :)

Thanks for reading :)
(Remember if you'd like to comment, do so on here as opposed to Facebook, thanks all!)

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see him! You have the cutest bump, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie <3 I keep hoping he looks like my hubby, I had a weird dream he looked just like me. Yikes!

      Delete
  2. YEAH! Love the updates!! Welcome to the third trimester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl. Excited for you to finish the third trimester ;-)

      Delete
  3. Excited for you :) sounds like things are going well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica, I'm excited for me and for someone else too ;-)

      Delete
  4. You're so beautiful and encouraging Ashley! <3

    ReplyDelete