February 3, 2013

Learning new ways to create

You gotta start somewhere right?!
When I was younger my mom began to crochet, she taught me how to make a chain and I thought it was the coolest. She wanted to teach me more but I became a teenager and was no longer dazzled by a hook, yarn and the creations that come from working the two. Fast forward some years and again I want to learn! A friend of mine has inspired me by her crochet designs, she writes and sells patterns and does it very well! I decided I want to try some of her patterns and can't do that unless I learn to crochet, right? Also, how cute would Aubrie look in a lite headband with a flower,  cute leg warmers or cozy mittens? What about if I want fingerless gloves or around the house type socks? Well I can't ask Jonna to make everything for us. So I borrowed a ball of yarn and hook from my mom and got to YouTube. Tonight I had a 5 minute mini session with Jonna at church and I can single stitch now! It's VERY rough and takes me probably 5 times longer then a beginner haha, but I'm learning.

Now now, this doesn't mean I've abandon sewing. I do enjoy sewing but honestly with my sewing area being in the basement and the freezing weather,  I have not felt like going down there - at all. I want to stay cozy on my couch during the time I have free, or snuggled in my bed... With crocheting I can do that!

So... If anyone knows of any links, videos or helpful tips - send them my way. I am a brand new,  beginner and could use all the help I can get :)

Oh yeah, check out Jonna's Facebook, it links to her Raverly and Craftsy sites and her blog :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Looks great Ashley! You'll be a pro in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Ashley! Good luck on this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, its Katy by the way! Lol

    ReplyDelete